Tuesday, November 16, 2010

tasteless risotto

I can't believe all my exams are over!

I woke up at 11:30AM and decided I wanted to become pro at cooking so I started making risotto. In hindsight it was probably a very rash decision considering I hadnt bought any ingredients for it, but I just improvised without stock, cooking wine, mushrooms (compulsory to any risotto, in my eyes) and onions (I couldn't find them LOL).

I don't think it turned out too bad, but because I used water instead of stock, it wasnt very salty :( My dad said it was salty enough, but I think he was just trying to make me feel better. Then he said it was 'nice, kind of like congee' and I got upset because if I just wanted to make chicken and broccoli congee, I could have saved so much trouble >__>

Oh well, I have 3 months or so to brush up on my cooking :) Now that I think of it, 3 months really isnt that long .. it's 12 weeks, one of which I will be on schoolies, and I will be in Malaysia for another two weeks. That means I've only got 9 weeks in Melbourne this holidays and it sounds so short..

I think this is a sign that I'm getting old, because old people always complain that time goes too quickly LOL :(

Umm, so other than cooking, I watched an unhealthy amount of Glee (almost up to date now) and cleaned out some stuff in my room. I now have 2 boxes of old books, 1 box of piano music+craft, and another box of "memories". It felt really sad packing everything away, and throwing a lot of stuff out.. But I'm also glad it's all over. I don't really want to think about school anymore ~

Oh and this is probably my OCD self talking, but it feels so good to have identical boxes that stack beautifully in my closet. AHHHHHH!! Life is gooood right now :) I sort of want to chill at home for a few days, but this week is going to be really busy.

I guess by the weekend, I will have heaps of stuff to blog about. But right now I will just call it a day and hit the hay (:

GOODNIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment